Katy a city in the U.S. state of Texas. It is located in Harris, Fort Bend, and Waller counties. The population was estimated to be 16,158 according to the 2015 census. It is also one of metropolitan city in Texas. Katy is also known as either “Old Towne Katy” or “Greater Katy”. “Old Towne Katy” refers to the proper of Katy, which became a legal corporation in 1945. The Katy area includes the city of Katy along with large sections of unincorporated area surrounding the city. Katy includes many communities such as Cinco Ranch, Green Trails, Grayson Lakes, Seven Meadows, Pine Mill Ranch, Silver Ranch, Firethrone, Grand Lakes and Cane Island. Katy has recently placed a huge focus on the downtown redevelopment plan which includes the new City Hall Building and many more things.
In the starting of 1800s Katy was known as “Cane Island”. In 1845 James Crawford received a land grant that included this area also. At the very beginning James Crawford, Peter Black, john Sills and their families were the only recorded residents of Cane Island. In 1895, James Thomas laid out a town, and in the beginning of 1896 the town of Katy was named through James’s post office application. The name “Katy” was derived from MKT Railroad Company. By the early 1900s many people had come by train or wagon to establish Katy. Later on Katy became known for its rice farming; the first concrete rice driers in Texas were built in Katy in 1944.
- KATY – A NICE CITY
There are many things in Katy which makes it a nice city, and some of them are given below:-
- KATY MILLS MALL – It is a great option to visit there, it has an enormous indoor outlet, offering many types of store. This mall can take your entire day to peruse each and every store. The stocked food court helps you to stay recharged in between all the activities.
- ZEN HOOKAH LOUNGE – Zen hookah lounge is a famous one in Katy, it provides a relaxing atmosphere. Bring your friends on the weekend and hookah on!
- THE CELLAR DOOR – It is the Katy’s first and only winery. All their wines are produced from the world’s best vineyards.
- BABALOO INTERNATIONAL CAFE & BAR – Babaloo café offers tapas and drinks and many more. Tapas are crowd favourite and created for sharing. Live music on every Friday and Saturday night adds exotic vibe.
MOVING SERVICES in KATY, TX
Looking for moving services in Katy? Many questions comes in your mind while finding best moving service like, which is the best moving service? Is it affordable? Is it consistent, reliable? The very simple answer to all these questions is M&M Movers. We are undoubtedly the best moving service in the entire Texas.
M&M MOVING ( Budget Moving Specialist )
M&M company provides full service for residential and commercial moving. We have highly trained professional workers and an office staff with more than 30 years of experience. We offer every type of moving whether it is local moving, boxes supplies, long distance moving, delivery services or packing service.
- WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to basic but efficient moving, M&M also offers a wide range of options to help make your move go smooth and easy. You pick the service that fits best in your moving and your budget and leave the rest to us.
- PACKING AND UNPACKING – We offer packing and unpacking which saves your precious time. Choose how much help you want in packing and unpacking.
- DISASSEMBLE AND REASSEMBLE – We will take your large items like furniture, beds, pool table, apart from other items for easy moving, and then reassemble them for you.
- APPLIANCE INSTALLATION – If you are worried of appliance installation, don’t worry about that when you are with us because we will connect them in your new place and make sure they are working.
- CLEAN UP – Our professional workers will take care of all the trash generated by moving, so you don’t have to do.
- STORAGE – If you are not able to fit everything or want some time to fix space for your belongings. Don’t worry, we can store your stuff with 100% safety guarantee until you are ready.
WHY CHOOSE M&M?
M&M has the largest moving network in the world, plus have a lot of experience. When you move with M&M, you’re in good hands.
- Whether its moving across the town or across the city, you can count on M&M to get you there.
- Customers have given awesome reviews to our services and recommended us for moving.
- We are rated as one of the best moving company by BBB every year.
In the last 2000 surveys we only had one claim of 40$ in damages.